Real Estate Lease Review Attorney
A real estate lease is a legal document that covers the rights, responsibilities, and obligations of the parties involved. Signing a contract will create a legally binding agreement between you and the tenant for many, many years. This is a significant and often long-term commitment that deserves an expert eye and detailed review.
The lease agreement transactions that go smoothly don’t cause any notoriety; all the parties are happy in the end. The problem is when transactions go wrong. The main question in the case of a complex transaction becomes, will yours be the side exposed to the most liability? We want to do everything in our power to protect you if a problematic legal situation does arise.
Moschetti Law Group’s experienced real estate attorneys can help you protect your interests and examine the fine print of your lease agreements. Whether you are working on a commercial lease agreement or a residential lease agreement, Moschetti Law Group has the knowledge and experience to provide the legal counsel on which you can rely. We will walk you through the traps and tricks that tenant’s attorneys rely on and transact around them. You can rest assured that you’ll be covered well into the future. Contact us today for an expert review of your lease agreements, or to draft new documents as your situation requires.
Points to consider before signing a lease
The origin of the lease
Experience in real estate matters
Have you been exposed to the issues that can arise in a landlord/tenant agreement? Are these issues thoroughly addressed in the contract? Is your side represented well? Real estate is a specialized area of law. Many landlords and tenants learn by experience, but, as they now know, tuition at the School of Hard Knocks is much too high. Using an attorney with experience in not only commercial real estate, transactional law, and litigation, but also as a landlord, tenant, and broker is like having a dedicated and personal guide instead of a confusing map. An attorney with the right experience will anticipate for you what can go wrong and what can, with a little tweaking, go extremely right. Call Moschetti Law Group today for a review of your current and pending real estate transactions and let us help you tweak things to go right.
Timing and pressure
How objective are you about this specific transaction? Are there essential areas that are implied, rather than included in the contract? Have you considered what would make the transaction a deal-breaker? Are those issues addressed in the agreement? The more urgent the deal appears the sloppier and less thorough your attention to detail becomes – especially when the pressure is made more significant by large numbers at stake. Our practiced and customer-focused real estate attorneys guide you through each step of even the highest stake transactions. We provide objectivity, experience, and patient questions to ensure you’re making the most informed, strategic decisions for your specific situation. Call to schedule a no-obligation strategy session with Moschetti Law Group today.
Contract/Lease guidance from an expert real estate attorney
There are many pieces to the leasing puzzle. Our real estate attorneys will help you navigate the contract, including determining which parts are critical for your success and which are less critical. Remember, a lease is a binding, long-term agreement, and it’s in your best interest to review all the essential elements of your contract to ensure they are genuinely representing your interests.
Working with the experienced our real estate attorneys at Moschetti Law Group, you will strategize for the following elements of creating a lease and more:
- Basic provisions
- The premises and its measurement, including BOMA standards
- Terms and options
- Parking rights
- Security deposits
- Base rent and percentage rent
- Late charges
- Holdover if there isn’t a renewal
- Rental increases
- Personal guaranties
- Rent abatement
- Operating expenses and rent increases – what can be passed-through and how
- Use and whether or not it will be allowed by the municipality
- Sign criteria
- Tenant improvements and work letters
- Indemnification and who has to protect whom
- Insurance clauses
- Repairs, maintenance, and warranties
- Trade fixtures and what stays at the end of the lease
- Obligations of the landlord and tenant
- Damage and destruction
- Assignment of the lease, subleasing, and future transfer of business
- Breach of lease and what remedies exist for both parties
- Estoppels, subrogation, attornment, and other complex issues
- Options to renew
Transaction guidance from an expert real estate attorney
In addition to the lease or agreement itself, the real estate attorneys at Moschetti Law Group will also educate you on what the entire transaction should look like given your specific Agreement – from exchanging the keys to strategies for eventual renewal. The process may be complicated or involved, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. These are business decisions, and the right attorney will help you protect your ROI.
Here is how an experienced commercial real estate attorney will help your side of the deal:
- We put time on your side. When managed properly, no real deal will escape due to timing issues. Deals don’t die due to small amounts of time. The ones that do die were not realistic from the beginning.
- Ensure that your side and your interests are the ones represented. That’s the difference between just crossing your fingers versus confidence that lets you sleep well at night.
- Understand your obligations without exposing yourself to unnecessary liabilities.
- Avoid future lawsuits over misunderstandings, errors, or omissions.
- Have a second and objective pair of eyes to look over your deal and mitigate the effects of time pressures or outside stressors.
- Foster confidence in your investment, lease agreement, and transaction.
Commercial and Residential Leases
Commercial and residential leases each come with their unique terms and conditions. Moschetti Law Group has worked with all types of leases and has experience representing both the landlord and tenant sides. We prioritize the clear understanding of party obligations in a current and legally sound lease, and smooth, coordinated transactions to preserve our clients’ valuable time and money.
If you are a landlord and need a lease prepared for a tenant at your commercial or residential property, trust the real estate attorneys at the Moschetti Law Group to represent your interests to the fullest. Set up a free, no-obligation strategy session by clicking here. Or call us at 888-585-3899.