Syndicates can be a useful tool for pursuing real estate ventures that each member would not have been able to pursue individually. But as you may well know, their formation involves more than just a handshake and a nod to go ahead. There are objectives to be decided, capital to be raised, and legal documents to be drafted.
Moschetti Law Group serves early-stage companies by helping them assess the hidden obstacles to capital raising success. Our experience comes from syndications we have formed and successfully run from inception to final disbursement to investors. Our team of real estate attorneys works only with syndicated real estate investments—it is what we know and do every day. But the art of our counsel also includes a deep understanding of what accredited and institutional investors want and need to see from the marketing materials to inspire investment interest.
Involve Moschetti Law Group’s experienced real estate lawyers in your planning and maximize your syndication’s capital-making potential.
When reviewing a client’s marketing package, Moschetti Law Group focuses on areas that will increase their ability to raise capital. This can mean suggestions for improving elements of the package from the perspective of a potential funder. We are experienced with marketing packages geared toward generating capital through private or public funding sources, including real estate crowdfunding.
Our real estate attorneys can assist with the following aspects of forming your syndication:
- Goals and objectives – creation and clarification
- Business plan – creation and clarification
- Capital raising – best practices and best sources
- Capital raising strategy development
- Due diligence
- A network of underwriters for referral
- The legal offering – structuring and drafting
- Review of current protections
- Company securities – selecting the type and infrastructure for sale
In the formation process, your syndication needs to stay abreast of applicable laws and regulations that both restrict and open opportunity for your real estate venture. These laws and regulations can seem daunting to the unfamiliar, and assistance from an experienced real estate attorney can make following these guidelines possible and profitable. Some of the legal considerations surrounding syndication include:
- Regulation D – raising capital using public advertising to specific funding amounts and from specified investor types
- Regulation D Rule 506 – exemptions from registration that allow un-capped capital raising potential
- Regulation A – caps on how much capital can be raised in a year and rules on how you market your offerings to raise that capital
- Regulation CF – offering and selling securities through crowdfunding
Whether you are experienced in the formation of syndications or are participating in one for the first time, expert legal counsel can only improve your chances of success. Moschetti Law Group has experience advising syndications through the formation and into profitability.
The attorneys at the Moschetti Law Group represent syndication companies, private equity firms, and real estate developers and provide legal advice based on extensive experience in both real estate law and finance. We built our firm on a set of principles that puts our clients first by providing outstanding legal advice to establish and grow your syndication. Our world-class client service and communication mean that we are available for whatever questions you might have throughout the process.
See how the Moschetti Law Group can help you build a solid foundation and business plan for your syndication by setting up a free, no-obligation strategy session to discuss your syndication goals right now.